A classic that still tastes divine
- 275ml boiling hot water poured over…
- …170g dates and leave to cool until lukewarm
- 50g butter
- 170g sugar (dates will sweeten it a lot so you could try increasing the amount of dates and omitting the sugar)
- pinch salt
- 175g gluten free flour (Innovative solutions safe starches blend of brown rice flour, white rice flour, potato starch, tapioca starch)
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 eggs
- Process all the above ingredients in a food processor.
- Pour the runny paste into a greased big flat glass dish.
- Bake in pre-heated oven at 160 degrees C for 40 minutes.
- Top with maple syrup (healthier) or butterscotch sauce, and if you want your tastebuds to go straight to heaven – then cream too
Melt 40g brown sugar, 125ml double cream and 40g butter in one pan. Bring to the boil and simmer for 3 minutes. Pour over the cooked pudding with extra on the side for guests to help themselves to. If you want to be real fancy then heat it under the grill until the topping bubbles.